After a full week of sticking to the routine, we broke out for the weekend. Last Friday, we ate Emerald City Smoothies for lunch and made a homemade (Duncan Hines:) chocolate cake for no reason at all! Granted, it was made with "Egg Starts, a healthier egg product" and half of the oil was replaced by applesauce, but it was still, after all, a chocolate cake. And it was really quite fluffy and yummy. (I had never tried Egg Starts before this endeavor:) We closed all the blinds and watched "Piglet's BIG Movie" (DVR-recorded from the Disney channel). Trina and Gabby snuggled into the two comfy chairs with their blankets, I lounged on the couch with an afghan, and Izzie played with her toys in the middle of the family room. She seemed contented to play and meander as everyone lay around her. I even caught a few Zs in the latter minutes of the movie. My mom often says, "a change is as good as a rest," and for this Friday afternoon with my girls, this was definitely true.
3 comments:
I love days like that!
Look at you healthy cake maker!!
Was it still good? I have a thing for desserts... I have found I don't like the healthier versions much. Let me know how it turned out! :)
La, so good that movies aren't a normal part of your routine. :) I should try the same thing.
Post a Comment