Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Walkin' Girl




Isabelle (aka "Busy Izzie") just started walking about a month or so ago, and now there's no stopping her! When she first started climbing and walking, she was constantly falling off of stools, piano benches, tables, etc. Some days she looked more than a little battered. For a while, the house looked like we were always mopping; every chair was on top of a table. Her increased proficiency at walking has significantly reduced her household injuries. Now when she gets up on the table, she can dismount unscathed by a fall. She is such a funny little squirt. She laughs when we laugh, sings when we sing, hugs when we hug, yells when we yell (Did I say that? We never yell. No, really;). She has this cheesey little smile she flashes. Let me correct myself: she has this BIG cheesey smile that just can't go unnoticed. Her sisters are in love with her and she keeps us all laughing. She is very good-natured and has been ever since we met her. I hope she never stops smiling when Grandpa Schmidt sings, "Is you is or is you ain't our Izzie?!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got it down!! Love the music...until I get to country anything :) LOVE the pic of Trina running toward you!! You're a doll and we're are so glad you moved here.

Darn, another word verification...this one is a doozy.

Laura said...

Thanks! I know what you mean on the word verification; sometimes I can't even read them. Now I just need to figure out video:).

♥Shally said...

I can't wait till Cam walks-- I hate the crawling stage!

Video is easy- just click on the video icon on your task bar when you are posting, browse videos from your computer and blogger will download it for you.

Anonymous said...

waiting for more...I think everyone has as much time as me :) I kind of "spotlighted" you today on my blog. Just a tease! xo

If I click on the handicapped button, will it make the word verification bigger and clearer?