Monday, March 17, 2008

Hawaii-Bound




Last week, Trina and Gabby had the week off for spring break and we had an itch to go to Hawaii. Thursday we booked airline tickets, a condo, a hotel in LA, a rental car in Kona, and packed our bags. Friday we left for LA; Saturday we were in Kona. Here we are passing time in the LA airport. Our traveling brigade consisted of myself, my sister-in-law Tina, her two oldest kids, Jacob and Abby, and my two oldest kids, Trina and Gabby. Unfortunately, Darin had to work. Tina's husband, Dan, took care of their other cute kids and my in-laws took care of Izzie while Darin was at work. They were so wonderful to help out so willingly.

5 comments:

♥Shally said...

I think those spur of the moment trips are the best!

Good for you!

Brook said...

I wish Ryan worked for the airlines!

The Cherry Family said...

Going to Hawaii on a whim, huh? I'm turning very, very green . . . And I'm really impressed you flew with two kids on such a long trip.

Nikki said...

I'd love to be spontaneous like that! I was proud of going to Orem last minute. ha ha You're such a fun mom!

andrea said...

What a fun, spontaneous adventure! You go, girl!